Methamphetamine Takedown in Sidney
A large-scale methamphetamine trafficking operation has been taken down in the Village of Sidney, according to a press release from Delaware County Sheriff Craig S. DuMond,
The Delaware County Criminal Investigation Division, the Sheriff's Office Special Response Team and K-9 Ozzie executed a search warrant at an apartment at 37 Union Street in Sidney on Thursday, September 5.
The execution of the search warrant came as part of a month-long investigation into fentanyl-laced meth trafficking.
The sheriff says the search produced approximately five ounces of fentanyl-laced meth, approximately $1,600 in cash, a quantity of prescription medication and marijuana.
According to police, the fentanyl-laced meth has an estimated street value of $15,000.
According to the sheriff's office, seven arrests were made stemming from the search. They include:
- William K. McLean, 38, of 37 Union Street, Sidney
- Mikita M. Kingsbury, 33, of 37 Union Street, Sidney
- Trevor J. Light, 21, of 37 Union Street, Sidney
- Jeffrey M. Robinson, 25, of Norwich
- Gina L. Overbey, 42, homeless
- Kevin G. Mosher, 23, homeless
- A 17 year-old male from Sidney.
All of the above are accused of Criminal Possession of a controlled substance in the second degree, a class A-II felony.