These Are The Six New York State Regal Cinemas To Close
I love going to a movie theater. And our local theaters have changed so much in the past decade or so with stadium-style seating, and the seats themselves are wide, reclining, and comfortable.
Plus, watching a movie on a screen that's bigger than your house, gives you the ultimate movie experience. I'm certainly glad that our local theaters are back open after the pandemic forced theaters and just about everything else to close for a long time.
Theater Company Files For Bankruptcy
According to CNN, in September of 2022, Cineworld closed a dozen Regal Cinemas and now has announced 39 more theaters nationwide will close beginning February 15th. That will leave around 500 Regal Cinemas left in operation across the country.
Regal Cinema New York And Pennsylvania Closings
Of those 39 Regal Cinemas, six of them are in New York State and two are in the State of Pennsylvania. One Southern Tier Regal Cinema is on the list of 39. That theater is the Ithaca Mall Stadium 14.
Thankfully, the Regal Cinema located on Upper Front Street, Binghamton is not on the list. Here is the list of six New York State and two Pennsylvania Regal Cinemas slated to close according to CNN:
- Ithaca Mall Stadium 14 in Ithaca, New York
- Greece Ridge Stadium 12 in Rochester, New York
- Transit Center Stadium 18 and Imax in Williamsville, New York
- Elmwood Center 16 in Buffalo, New York
- Cortlandt Town Center in Mohegan Lake, New York
- Union Square Stadium 14 in New York, New York
- Barn Plaza Stadium 14 in Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- Oaks Stadium 24 in Oaks, Pennsylvania
WOW! Most Dazzling Shots From LUMA Over The Years
KEEP SCROLLING: Balloons of Spiedie Fest Past