Foodie Friday Heart-Healthy Coquille (Scallops) a l’Orange Recipe
Getting ready to mark February as Heart Month and in recognition of American Heart Association Communications Director Central/ Western New York, Kristy Smorol being on the weekly, local public affairs show, Southern Tier Close Up January 29-30, we're going with a heart-healthy recipe.
You can hear more heart-helping tips from Smorol on Close Up.
Get our free mobile app
Coquille a l’Orange (Orange-marinated scallops) - Prep. time about 20 minutes. Serves two.
Okay, I decided to get a little fancy. Which would impress your sweet-heart more, saying you made Coquille a l'Orange or "marinated scallops"?
- ½ lb.medium-sized scallops
- 1/2 C.orange juice
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- Mix together the orange juice, oil, honey, ground ginger and salt.
- Toss the scallops in the marinade and allow to sit, refrigerated, about 10-15 minutes.
- Skewer the scallops and grill over medium/high heat 2-4 minutes each side until firm. (If you aren't grilling, you can sear the scallops in a little bit of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.)
- Serve over cooked rice, cous cous or quinoas salad. You can drizzle the scallops with a little balsamic vinegar if you like.
LOOK: Food history from the year you were born
From product innovations to major recalls, Stacker researched what happened in food history every year since 1921, according to news and government sources.