Residents of an Endicott apartment building are out of their home indefinitely as officials investigate a carbon monoxide leak.

Kathy Whyte/ WNBF News
Kathy Whyte/ WNBF News


Village Police and Fire officials were called to the building at 122 Washington Avenue shortly before 9 p.m. November 10 and quickly evacuated the residents.

There were reports of three people taken to the hospital. Their conditions are not available.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that can be deadly.  Symptoms of exposure can include dizziness, difficulty breathing, aches, headache, nausea and a general feeling of illness like the cold or flu.

CO can result from poor ventilation of things like heating sources, vehicles or burning materials.

Emergency Services officials say the cause of the carbon monoxide in the building is being investigated and residents will not be allowed back into their homes until the building is deemed safe.


More From WNBF News Radio 1290 AM & 92.1 FM