Authorities are looking into the cause of two-alarm fire December 18 in the Village of Endicott.

Firefighters in Endicott were called to a three-story apartment building on Roosevelt Avenue between Columbus and Monroe Street at 3:31 a.m. with a report of a fire on back stairs.  When arriving, crews reported flames in the basement which quickly spread through the entire building.

A second alarm was sounded less than five minutes after the first call as crews reported some residents cornered by flames and fire progressing into the attic. There have been no reports of injuries.

Power was been turned off to the building and road crews were called in to salt down the area as water used to fight the flames quickly froze to the street and other surfaces.  Firefighters also had to deal with high winds fanning the flames.

This is the third fire in a residential building in Endicott since December 14.

A fast-moving fire at a single-family home on South Loder Avenue near Jenny F. Snapp middle school at around 10:30 a.m. December 15 is being blamed on an electrical issue in the kitchen.

The cause of an 11 p.m. blaze in a basement on North Street December 14 still has not been announced.  Some moderate structural damage was reported as a result of that fire.

More From WNBF News Radio 1290 AM & 92.1 FM