Pray For Redemption Sinful Black Forest Brownie Recipe [SPONSORED POST]
These brownies are so sinful you will have to drop to your knees and pray! Pray for Redemption Black Forest Brownies
Prep time - 45 minutes. Yields 18 squares of sin.
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 stick room temp. butter
- 3 eggs (room temperature best)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tb. sour cream
- 2/3 C. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 oz. (1/2 bar) dark baking chocolate
- 1/2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 1 C. cherry pie filling
- 2 oz. dark baking chocolate (1/2 bar)
- 2 Tb. butter
- 1/3 C. sour cream
- 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 18 cherries from the canned pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the vanilla.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time then add the sour cream.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate that has been broken into smaller pieces for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave another 15-30 seconds until melted. Stir the melted chocolate into the wet ingredients.
- Slowly stir in the flour with the baking powder mixed into the flour. Once incorporated (do not over-mix), fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a cake pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spoon dollops of cherries evenly on the batter that has been smoothed across the pan. Press the cherries down into the batter and swirl the filling 'gel' through the batter with a knife.
- Bake for about a half hour, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the brownies cool, microwave another 2 oz. dark baking chocolate and 2 Tb. butter for 30 seconds.
- Stir, then microwave another 15-30 seconds until the butter and chocolate are melted.
- Stir. Add in the sour cream. The cold sour cream may make the chocolate firm up a little again. If that happens, microwave another 10-15 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the powdered sugar.
- Pour the icing over the brownies and spread, covering the entire surface.
- Slice the brownies into 18 squares and top each with a pie filling cherry.