One Injured in Building Fire on Main Street in Johnson City
A woman was transported to a hospital following a blaze in downtown Johnson City.
The fire in a second-floor apartment in a building at 205 Main Street was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Monday.
The property owner said it was a cooking-related fire. He said it happened in one of the six units in the two-story building. Three of the apartments were occupied.
A fire department supervisor said damage was confined to the stove and a wall.
A Union Volunteer Emergency Squad ambulance crew evaluated the woman for possible smoke inhalation before transporting her to a hospital.
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: firstname.lastname@example.org
For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.
LOOK: The least obedient dog breeds