Endwell Apartment Fire Cause Listed
Fire investigators say a blaze that damaged an apartment building on Watson Boulevard in Endwell at around 9 p.m. December 20 was caused by a cooking mishap.
The fire at the Ivy Terrace apartments started in a ground floor unit but caused damaged to other apartments in the building.
About a dozen residents were displaced the night of the fire and several continue to get assistance from the Southern Tier Chapter of the American Red Cross.
There were no injuries as a result of the two-alarm fire.
The building has been posted with a notice stating no one should enter and the structure will still have to be inspected by code enforcement.