CO Detectors Donated Following Binghamton Tragedy
The family and co-workers of a Binghamton man who died in January of carbon monoxide poisoning are hoping to save lives by donating dozens of detectors to low income households.
30 year old Lee Norris and his dog died January 9th. There was no carbon monoxide detector in the home.
Norris’ family and coworkers from Binghamton University purchased over 60 detectors to be distributed to needy households through the Broome County Health Department.
The Health Department says surveys have found a fairly large number of homes listed as low-income households lack working, if any, carbon monoxide detectors.