Binghamton Murderer Will Never be Free
A Binghamton resident will never again walk the streets a free man following sentencing for the murder of one woman and the wounding of another two years ago.
47-year-old Lance Johnson was convicted in July of the murder of Alison Salisbury, and attempting to murder Shannon Brooks, who was in a relationship with Salisbury at the time of the attack by Johnson August 7, 2020 at an apartment building on Conklin Road in Conklin.
Both women had been shot.
Johnson was sentenced December 8 to over 75 years in prison for murder, attempted murder and other charges, meaning he will never get out of prison alive. In handing down the sentences, Judge Joseph Cawley said he would have liked to have been able to issue more than the maximum sentence to the killer.
Officials with the Broome County District Attorney's office reported Johnson had a long list of previous arrests prior to the shootings in Conklin.
New York State Police were called to an apartment complex at 1205 Conklin Road shortly before 12:30 a.m. on August 7, 2020 and found Salisbury dead at the scene and Brooks with a gunshot wound to the hand.
Brooks was taken to Wilson Memorial Regional Medical Center in Johnson City for treatment of her injuries.
After his arrest by Binghamton Police, Johnson had been additionally charged with Criminal Use of a Firearm, two counts of Criminal Possession of a Weapon, Tampering with Physical Evidence and Stalking.
Authorities in 2020 said Johnson had been stalking Brooks in the weeks before shooting Salisbury dead. Johnson had a criminal history for domestic violence involving previous partners.
In the July trial, the jury took about two hours to find Johnson guilty of all the charges.