Binghamton Lockdown Target May Move to New Site
A Binghamton police department officer secured the area around the Antler Lodge following a deadly shooting on July 24, 2015. [Bob Joseph/WNBF News][/caption]
A Binghamton private club that had been the target of a potential city "lockdown" action could relocate soon.
Mayor Richard David said there have been discussions with the operators of the Antler Lodge about the possibility of moving to another site.
The city notified the operators of the lodge at 201 Chenango Street that action might be taken following a fatal shooting outside the club last July.
The Antler Lodge is located next to a $2.5 million residential and commercial project planned by STK Partners.
One of the developers, Steven Reid, had urged the city to try to have the club locked down after the homicide.
Speaking on WNBF Radio's Binghamton Now program, the mayor said the recently-announced project is not contingent on the relocation of the Antler Lodge. But, he said the developers are working with the city and the operators of the club to purchase the property. That would clear the way for the organization to move elsewhere in the city.
David said "it's not a done deal yet" but he said the operators are looking for a new location. He said "it's doubtful it would be downtown."
The operators of the Antler Lodge could not be reached to comment on a possible move.
The entrance of the Antler Lodge on July 24, 2015. [Bob Joseph/WNBF News][/caption]For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.