Smoke Fills Portion of Large Binghamton Apartment Building
Binghamton firefighters were called to a high-rise apartment building on the city's West Side when a blaze broke out in a kitchen.
The alarm at the River House Apartments at 38 Front Street came in at 8:30 a.m. Monday.
Fire department duty chief Michael Griffis said the blaze was in a fourth-floor apartment of the structure.
The fire was caused when someone was preparing a baked potato in a microwave oven.
Griffis said the blaze contained to the oven. He said the fire generated a moderate amount of smoke that filled a hallway.
Firefighters used fans to ventilate the smoke from the seven-story building which has about 60 apartments.
No injuries were reported and no residents of the building were evacuated.
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: firstname.lastname@example.org
For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.
2010s One-Hit Wonders