Mayor David Launches New Business Plan Competition
One of the big topics among local leadership in the City of Binghamton calls for the development of new business.
Binghamton Mayor Rich David made an announcement last Friday, which detailed a business plan in competition form, which would award $5000 to the best plan for developing business in the city.
According to a news release from Mayor David’s office, the competition looks to build local business development, raise awareness about EAP training. BLDC financing along with other resources, and promote entrepreneurial spirit.
In the release Mayor David said “Promoting small business development and entrepreneurship are key objectives of the City of Binghamton,”
Applications are due April 7, 2021, and applicants must plan to start a business, or have an existing business that is less than five years old, and must be able to finance and open the business in the City of Binghamton, within four months of winning, and must maintain the business in Binghamton for a least three years.
Winner will also receive additional support from the following
- 5 hours of accounting services: Davidson Fox & Co., Binghamton
- $500.00 of legal counsel: Coughlin & Gerhart, LLP, Binghamton
- 1 year membership in the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce
- $500.00 in sign creation services courtesy of 3i Graphics & Signs, Binghamton
- $500.00 in website services courtesy of Freshy Sites, Binghamton
- $500.00 in branding services courtesy of Idea-Kraft, Binghamton
- 3 months free co-working membership at the Koffman Southern Tier Incubator courtesy of Binghamton University and SUNY Broome
There will also be a free online Business Plan Development workshop on March 31, 2021 from 5p to 7:30p, to register e mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information along with applications CLICK HERE or contact Binghamton Economic Development at 607 772 7161.