Food Distributions Continue Through Summer
Food is needed for so many people during this pandemic, this article contains information on upcoming free food distribution events in our area.
The Covid-19 pandemic has not only taken away jobs and has left many families without enough income to buy food, there are many local organizations that will be handing out food supplies over the next month.
The Food Band of the Southern Tier will be holding drive-though Food Distributions in our community, if you are interested you need to register to attend the events.
Registration is open two days before each event and there are two ways to register
On Line https://www.foodbankst.org/cfd-form/ or call 1-833-432-3663 between 8a and 4pm on the days of registration only.
Some of the drive through food distribution events include
Whitney Point Central School on Friday July 31st and Owego Elementary School on Friday August 7th
These events are drive through only, you must have a vehicle, no walk-ins you must be in a vehicle and have the truck or hatch back cleaned out for volunteers to directly load the food into your vehicle.
Make sure you have pre-registered as some events are limited to county residents
The Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (C.F.A.P.) will have several food distributions scheduled in the next few days.
- This Friday July 24th from 9am to 11am at the Oxford Academy Primary School 50 S. Washington Ave, Oxford, NY
- This Friday July 24th from 2pm to 5pm at the Greene Elementary School, 105 Elementary lane, Greene , NY
- Saturday July 25th from 9am to 11am at the Sherburne Earlville High School 13 School St, Sherburne, NY
- Saturday July 25th from 9am to 12 Noon at the Unadilla Valley Central School 4238 NY-8, New Berlin, NY
- Tuesday July 28th from 4pm to 6pm at the Otselic Valley Central School 125 County Rd 13A, South Otselic, NY
You can also reach out to these local sources for help
gallerytitle="Yelp's Best-Rated Ice Cream Shops In Your County"]