Some design aspects of an old Endicott Johnson factory are being restored as work continues on the new home of Binghamton University's nursing school.

The $30 million project to bring the old Pioneer Annex at Corliss Avenue and Willow Street back to life is expected to be completed next summer.

The 93,000-square-foot building and a 20,000-square-foot addition will provide classroom, laboratory and research space for the Decker School of Nursing.

The original EJ building was constructed in 1916. The structure was expanded in 1948.

A construction crew working on the exterior of an old Endicott Johnson building on September 20, 2019. (Photo: Bob Joseph/WNBF News)

People who pass the construction site during the day or at night are noticing a dramatic transformation as the project moves forward.

The nursing school will become part of the university's 11-acre Health Sciences Center in Johnson City.

The once-abandoned Endicott Johnson building now shines brightly during the pre-dawn hours. (Photo: Bob Joseph/WNBF News)

The School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences began using its newly-constructed building on Corliss Avenue just over a year ago.

A $15 million research and development facility is to be constructed between the pharmacy and nursing school buildings.

Some equipment is being installed inside the future home of the Decker School of Nursing. (Photo: Bob Joseph/WNBF News)

Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: bob@wnbf.com

For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.