Three Homeless After Fire Tears Through Binghamton House
A Binghamton woman was hurt when a fast-moving blaze ripped through a two-story house in the city's First Ward.
The fire in the two-family building at 44 Lake Avenue was reported shortly before 6 p.m. Saturday.
The woman who owns the property said she was in her second-floor apartment when she noticed smoke was coming from the first floor.
The owner of the house was taken to Wilson Medical Center in Johnson City for treatment of smoke inhalation. She said the fire apparently started in the kitchen of the first floor apartment.
The two people who resided on the lower level of the building apparently were not injured.
Firefighters were on the scene for a few hours. They were called back to the building around 3:10 p.m. when the fire reignited in the upper portion of the house.
The Red Cross was called to assist those who were left homeless as a result of the fire.
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: firstname.lastname@example.org. For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.