Authorities now say a man and a woman living in an Apalachin home that burned March 24 had to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Kathy Whyte/ WNBF News
Kathy Whyte/ WNBF News

The blaze on Marshland Road was reported at around 11 p.m. and called about a half dozen fire departments from Tioga and Broome County to the scene.  The house is believed to be a total loss.

The residents were not seriously hurt and the family's pets apparently made it out safely.

Authorities say the fire may be the result of a problem with the electrical wiring in the home.


More From WNBF News Radio 1290 AM & 92.1 FM