Contact Us

Endicott House Fire Linked To Candle

Bob Joseph/WNBF News

Investigators have determined a residential fire in Endicott was ignited by a candle.

Village fire chief Joseph Griswold says the blaze at 304 Adams Avenue may have been caused when a pet knocked over the candle in the living room.

The fire was reported just after ten o’clock Tuesday night.

Although no injuries were reported, a dog died as a result of the blaze.

Griswold said two cats also were believed to have been inside the residence, although they apparently escaped as firefighters worked to bring the fire under control.

The fire was extinguished after about fifteen minutes. Damage was confined primarily to the living room and its contents.

Endicott firefighters were assisted by units from Endwell, Union Center and West Corners.

Griswold said the residence where the fire occurred was located above a two-stall garage. He said the electric service apparently had recently been shut off.

More from WNBF

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wnbf.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on WNBF News Radio 1290 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Sign up for an account to comment, share your thoughts, and earn points to get great prizes.

Register on WNBF News Radio 1290 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!