Endicott House Fire Linked To Candle
Investigators have determined a residential fire in Endicott was ignited by a candle.
Village fire chief Joseph Griswold says the blaze at 304 Adams Avenue may have been caused when a pet knocked over the candle in the living room.
The fire was reported just after ten o’clock Tuesday night.
Although no injuries were reported, a dog died as a result of the blaze.
Griswold said two cats also were believed to have been inside the residence, although they apparently escaped as firefighters worked to bring the fire under control.
The fire was extinguished after about fifteen minutes. Damage was confined primarily to the living room and its contents.
Endicott firefighters were assisted by units from Endwell, Union Center and West Corners.
Griswold said the residence where the fire occurred was located above a two-stall garage. He said the electric service apparently had recently been shut off.