Contact Us
Fire

Fire

Bob Joseph/WNBF News [file]
Bob Joseph/WNBF News [file]

Dogs Die In Vestal House Fire

Two dogs were killed when fire broke out in the basement of a home in Vestal.

Authorities say the blaze at 128 Hazel Drive was reported shortly after 7 a.m. Tuesday.

Most of the fire damage was confined to the basement of the house

Read More|Comment

Category: Local News, News, Newsletter Tags: ,
Bob Joseph/WNBF News
Bob Joseph/WNBF News

Vestal House Damaged By Two-Alarm Fire

A fast-moving fire tore through one side of a duplex in the town of Vestal.

The blaze at 805 Front Street broke out shortly before one o'clock Monday afternoon.

Three people were inside the house at the time of the fire

Read More|Comment

Category: Local News, News Tags: ,
Bob Joseph/WNBF News
Bob Joseph/WNBF News

Fire Rips Through Binghamton Apartment House

A two-alarm blaze caused extensive damage to an apartment house in downtown Binghamton this afternoon.

Authorities say the fire at 26 Stuyvesant Street was reported at 2:20 p.m.

Police and fire department officials say there apparently were no injuries

Read More|Comment

Category: Local News, News Tags: ,
Bob Joseph/WNBF News
Bob Joseph/WNBF News

Apalachin House Damaged By Fire

An Apalachin man's home sustained extensive interior damage as the result of an electrical fire.

Authorities say the blaze at 55 Glann Road was reported around five o'clock Sunday afternoon

Read More|Comment

Bob Joseph/WNBF News
Bob Joseph/WNBF News

Binghamton Firefighters Extinguish Post Office Blaze

A small fire prompted an evacuation of employees at a mail processing facility in downtown Binghamton.

City firefighters were called to the main post office around 12:45 this afternoon.

Fire department duty chief Sam Santoni said the blaze ignited in a paper shredder on the north side of the United States Postal Service facility off Lewis Street

Read More|Comment

Bob Joseph/WNBF News
Bob Joseph/WNBF News

Three Hurt In “Suspicious” Johnson City Fire

Three people were injured in an early-morning multiple-alarm fire at a Johnson City apartment building. Police say they're treating it as a "suspicious incident."

The blaze at 85 Floral Avenue was reported around 3:10 a

Read More|Comment

Bob Joseph/WNBF News [file]
Bob Joseph/WNBF News [file]

Firefighter Injured At Windsor Apartment Blaze

One firefighter was hurt at the scene of a two-alarm blaze that caused heavy damage to a town of Windsor apartment house.

The fire at 1075 Old Route Seventeen was reported shortly before 10 o'clock this morning

Read More|Comment

Category: Local News, News Tags: ,
Bob Joseph/WNBF News
Bob Joseph/WNBF News

Badly Burned Man Dies In Binghamton High-Rise Fire

Authorities say a 68-year-old man, who sustained burns over most of his body in an afternoon blaze in a downtown Binghamton apartment tower has died.

According to fire department officials, the severely-burned man was taken to Wilson Medical Center in Johnson City

Read More|Comment

Category: Articles, Local News, News Tags: ,
Bob Joseph/WNBF News
Bob Joseph/WNBF News

Roof Fire Prompts Evacuation Of Binghamton Hotel

The Holiday Inn on Hawley Street in downtown Binghamton was evacuated this afternoon after a small fire broke out on a roof next to the main hotel building.

The blaze was reported shortly after two o'clock

Read More|Comment

Chris McAndrew photo
Chris McAndrew photo

Vehicle Fire Slows Route 17 Traffic In Endwell

Eastbound traffic on Route 17 in the town of Union backed up for a time this morning after flames engulfed a plumbing company van.

Authorities say the fire was reported at 9:40. The burning vehicle was stopped on the right shoulder of the highway near the Westover exit

Read More|Comment

Category: Local News, News Tags: , ,

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wnbf.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on WNBF News Radio 1290 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on WNBF News Radio 1290 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!