Winter Parking Rules Start in Many Broome Municipalities
Winter parking rules go into effect December 1 in several municipalities around the region.
That means alternate side of the street parking in Johnson City and Binghamton.
December 2 is an even-numbered day, so motorists in the Village and City should park on the even-numbered side of the street at 5 p.m. December 1. They will have to move their vehicles to the odd-numbered side of the street at 5 p.m. December 2.
In the City of Binghamton, some streets are exempt from alternate parking rules while there is no parking on either side of the street on other marked streets. Rules do not apply to kiosk parking.
In the City of Binghamton the following areas are exempt from alternate side parking rules:
· ALL KIOSK PARKING
· ALFRED STREET, between Grand and Lookout Streets
· CLINTON STREET, between Glenwood Avenue and Jarvis Street
· CONKLIN AVENUE, between South Washington Street and the State Street Bridge off-ramp
· COURT STREET, between the Court Street Bridge and Fayette Street
· CRANDALL STREET, between Clinton Street and dead-end.
· DELAVAN AVENUE, between Iva Avenue and the dead-end to the northeast
· FAYETTE STREET, between Court and Susquehanna Street
· FLORENCE AVENUE, between Eaton Place and Leroy Street
· FRONT STREET, between Riverside Drive and Leroy Street.
· HARRISON STREET, between Matthews Street and West End Avenue
· JUDSON AVENUE, between Lorraine and Glenwood Avenue
· KING AVENUE, between St. John Avenue and Walnut Street
· LOOKOUT STREET, between Telegraph and Alfred Streets
· LOURDES ROAD, between Riverside Drive and the dead-end to the north
· MCDONALD AVENUE, between Front St. and Front St.
· MINERVA AVENUE, between Grand Boulevard and Schubert Street
· MITCHELL AVENUE, between Vestal Avenue and Morris Street
· OAK STREET, between Gaines St. and Prospect Street
· PARK AVENUE, between Vestal Avenue and Morris Street
· PARK STREET, between Schubert and Harrison Streets
· PROSPECT STREET, between Front Street and Glenwood Avenue
· RONAN STREET, between Baxter and Prospect Streets (odd side only)
· SEMINARY AVENUE, between Chestnut Street and Laurel Avenue
· WEST STREET, between Clinton and Phelps Streets
In Endicott there is no parking or stopping on any Village Street or in municipal parking lots between 1 and 6 a.m. unless otherwise posted. There are also locations where there is no parking between nine in the morning and noon during a snow emergency.
The Town of Vestal bans parking on town and county streets and highways between 2 and 6 a.m.
The rules continue through the end of March.
Residents should check with their own municipalities for specific seasonal parking regulations.
The parking restrictions are in place during the winter to allow snow plows and emergency vehicles better access through already narrow streets.