Tioga Downs Foundation Presents Over $500,000 in Grants
Tioga Downs owner Jeff Gural is presenting over a half million dollars to 37 local organizations ranging from churches to animal shelters.
The award from the Tioga Downs Regional Community Foundation is the second of two half-million dollar presentations for 2019 and totals $510,309.
The Tioga Downs Regional Community Foundation is a non-profit organization that reviews and selects applicants for grant funding.
The latest presentation is being made at 6 p.m. January 3 at the Tioga Downs casino’s Event Center Ballroom.
Groups receiving funding include:
- First Baptist Church of Owego
- North Central Sight Services
- Camp Ahwaga Association Inc.
- Western Broome Meals on Wheels
- Penn-York Valley Habitat for Humanity
- All Saints Episcopal Church
- Campville Fire Department
- Chemung County Humane Society and SPCA Inc
- Tioga Central School
- North Barton Grange #45
- Trinity Episcopal Church
- Bradford County Action, Inc
- Special Olympics Pennsylvania - Bradford/ Sullivan
- Broome Tioga BOCES
- Greater Valley EMS
- Broome County Gang Prevention, Inc
- Waverly Recreation Booster Club
- Tioga County Open Door Mission
- Fenton Free Library Association
- Bradford County Regional Arts Council
- Economic Opportunity Program, Inc. of Chemung
- SEEDs of Hope Binghamton, Inc.
- LeRoy Heritage Museum, Inc.
- Volunteers Improving Neighborhood Environments, Inc.
- Tioga Opportunities - Project Neighbor of Newark Valley
- Catholic Schools of Broome County
- Endicott Performing Arts Center
- Broome County Humane Society & Relief Association
- Secure Rehabilitation and Vocational Enterprises, Inc
- Berkshire Free Library
- Friends of Broome County Public Library
- Salvation Army of Binghamton
- Danielle House
- Police Athletic League of Binghamton NY
- Discovery Center of the Southern Tier
- Junior Achievement of Central Upstate NY
- Goodwill Theatre, Inc.
To qualify for funding, applicants must be charitable, religious, literary, scientific or educational groups operating in Broome, Tioga, Chemung or Bradford Counties.