The Otesaga Resort Hotel — Digital Job Fair
The Otesaga Resort Hotel, located in Cooperstown, has been open since 1909 and is known for its beautiful lakeside setting, unique restaurants and bars, and the peaceful Leatherstocking Golf Course.
Take a look below at the positions currently open to applicants. Click the button below to fill out an application:
EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF - Recognized to be the Manager of the kitchen in absence of the Executive Chef. Maintains cleanliness and maintenance of facility. The Executive Sous Chef is in charge of chef development under the direction of the Executive Chef. He or she works with the Executive Chef to develop menus and ensure execution. Work with Executive Chef to create a productive working staff while maintaining grooming standards, NY health department codes and standards of conduct set forth by Management.
CHEF DE CUISINE - Recognized to be the Manager of the kitchen in absence of the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef. Maintains cleanliness and maintenance of facility. Work with Executive Chef to create a productive working staff while maintaining grooming standards, NY health department codes and standards of conduct set forth by Management.Insures all food is prepared to the correct specifications and buffet is set up on time daily.
LINE COOK - The Line Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen. At times, the Line Cook will be tasked to prepare items for another station or special event. In addition, the Line Cook cleans kitchen equipment, organizes produce delivery, and completes a nightly inventory. The ideal Line Cook candidate has a minimum of one year training and/or experience and is responsible to:
- Set up station according to restaurant guidelines
- Practice, monitor, and reinforce food safety procedures according to policy and health/sanitation regulations Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant
- Manage and maintain a safe working condition
- Restock all items as needed throughout shift
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
- Maintain fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure products are consistent with quality standards
This position is offered for Temporary Line Cook from December 2019 - March 2020 @ $ 14.00 with housing. This position has the possibility to turn into a FT Regular position in April 2020.
SOUS CHEF - Management of food production and service of all areas of the culinary department, including expediting, ala carte menus and also volume production while maintaining The Otesaga Resort Hotel's 4 diamond standards through organization, delegation and supervision of culinary team as well as "hands on" production. 2-3 years experience with a degree in culinary arts preferred.
This position is offered for as a Temporary Sous Chef from December 2019 - March 2020 @ $ 1,000.00 salary a week. This position has the possibility to grow into a FT Regular position in April 2020.
STEWARDS/DISHWASHER - experience preferred. Days and evenings, 5 days a week. Clean and maintain cleanliness of kitchen work areas, dishes, floors, equipment etc.
MASSAGE THERAPIST: NYS licensed in Massage Therapy. Professionally perform a body massage on a guest while consistently obtaining full guest satisfaction.
- Greet guests and show them to their massage room
- Complete services requested within the time frame specified by management
- Must ensure privacy and proper draping
- Must be proficient in all areas of massage therapy , including but not limited to anatomy, physiology, body systems.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and follow proper sanitation procedures for all equipment used.
- Promote additional products and services
- Must maintain proficiency, training, techniques, and procedures while working at this establishment
- Maintain products, supplies, and inventory
- Stock supplies and linens before and after every shift
GENERAL MAINTENANCE - This position assists to maintain a historical building by answering calls and working on projects to fix or enhance electrical, plumbing, HVAC or painting in guest rooms and public areas. Experience in a commercial building maintenance preferred.
The Otesaga Resort Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. You must be 18 years of age or older.
Click below to see what other businesses in our area are hiring!