Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is Hiring
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is preparing for winter, not by stockpiling road salt or buying new plows, but by advertising for help.
PennDOT says it is hiring Transportation Equipment/CDL Operators, Deisel & Construction Equipment and Auto Mechanics and positions as radio dispatcher, custodian, stock clerk, semi-skilled labor, welder and tradesman helper.
Pay rates range from $14.25 to over $20.
PennDOT offers a listing of available jobs and rates:
Starting hourly rates are:
· Transportation Equipment/CDL Operator ($19.24)
· Diesel & Construction Equipment Mechanic ($20.40)
· Auto Mechanic ($18.08)
· Semi-Skilled Laborer ($16.05)
· Tradesman Helper ($16.05)
· Welder ($18.08)
· Radio Dispatcher ($14.25)
· Custodial Worker ($14.25)
· Stock Clerk ($14.25)
The work is available on a seasonal basis from September 2021 to April 2022 with potential for promotion to a permanent possession.
Applications can be found at www.employment.pa.gov.