What’s That One Dream That You Have Over and Over?
There's nothing like a good night's sleep. Not bragging, but as soon as I hit the pillow, I am out. My wife, not so much. I do consider myself lucky that I don't have issues getting to sleep.
As best I can recall, I have several dreams each night. Some I remember, others, I just recall a small piece of the dream. And many don't make much sense. According to Chambers & Bloom, the average person has three to five dreams per night...some even up to seven.
The study notes that dreams last longer as the night progresses. I don't know if this is common, but if I wake up near the time I get up for the day, but fall back to sleep for another 15-30 minutes, I will immediately begin dreaming again.
Chambers & Bloom state that for an eight-hour sleep, most dreams will occur in the typical two hours of REM (rapid-eye movement.) If you are like me, you have some dreams that repeat themselves. They may not be exact, but the basic subject is the same.
I have had many dreams over the course of my radio career, where I am having trouble finding the next record to play before the song currently on the air, ends. It's sure a stressful dream.
I asked recently on social media, "What is your most common dream?" to find out what others dream about over and over. Check out these interesting answers.
- Annette P. - Not sure about common, but last night I had a dream that I had to ride a bicycle from here to Florida within 14 hours in windy conditions. Not that I stress much.
- Sheryl S. - When I get to work and someone is in my seat and there are no others open.
- Frank R. - Something to do with my car all the time. I can never find it in a parking lot in my dream.
- Phyllis H. - I need a bathroom, badly, and the toilets don't work, overflow, there's no privacy in public bathrooms, or there's just a hole in the floor...and then I wake up cuz I need a bathroom, badly.
- Kelly N. - Running late and can't find my keys, glasses, or other essential items. I either can't find them, or I do but lose something else!! Sometimes I realize it's a dream just before I wake up!
- David L. - I'm a passenger in a car that's heading towards a huge city off in the distance. It's always a really cool-looking massive modern city. I'm usually only in the car traveling for a few minutes but somehow I'm thousands of miles and many hours from home.
- Darryl C. - I gotta pee!!!!
- Mark W. - Rats. There are rats in my attic, rats in the basement, and rats coming out of holes in the ground. What does it mean?
- Corey S. - Lol, I can't say it's too good, lol just saying.
- Jesse C.- Death.
- Anthony F. - Strangers.
- Russ J. - Not a dream...a Nightmare. They called and made me go back to Vietnam. Still get them.
The Four Most Expensive Homes for Sale in Binghamton
Five Things That Are Shaving Time Off of Your Life Expectancy