Broome County New York To Participate In Operation Green Light
'Operation Green Light' is a New York State-wide event, through a nationwide effort encouraging state residents, businesses, and local government to join in and show support for our veterans.
According to the Broome County Veterans Service Agency, the county is participating as well in this annual event, with 2023 being the third year. Local businesses, governments, and residents are encouraged to display green lights on their homes and businesses during the week of Veterans Day, which runs from November 9th through the 15th. Veterans Day is Saturday, November 11th.
Broome County notes that 'Operation Green Light' was created to show support for veterans of military conflicts and remind them that resources are available to help them.
The more green lights on display throughout the county (and surrounding counties in the Southern Tier of New York and Northeastern Pennsylvania, the better! To help achieve that goal, Broome County has announced that they are distributing free green light bulbs to its residents.
According to the Broome County release, these are the locations to pick up your free green light during regular business hours:
- Broome County Public Library - 185 Court Street, Binghamton
- Broome County Office Building Security Desk - 60 Hawley Street, Binghamton
- Broome West Senior Center - 2801 Wayne Street, Endicott
- Deposit Senior Center - 14 Monument Street, Deposit
- Eastern Broome Senior Center - 27 Golden Lane, Harpursville
- Northern Broome Senior Center - 12 Stongs Place, Whitney Point
- Visions Veterans Memorial Arena - 1 Stuart Street, Binghamton
Let's show support for our veterans. Turn on a green light from November 9th through the 15th.
Operation Green Light is a collaboration between the New York State Association of Counties, the New York State County Executives Association, and the NYS County Veteran Service Officers' Association.
LOOK: 50 Beloved Retail Chains That No Longer Exist
Gallery Credit: Madison Troyer
LOOK: Can you guess the world-famous actor from a childhood photo?
Gallery Credit: Stacker