I have a hard time admitting that I'm getting old. But the signs keep coming up. I've been hounded by the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) to join their organization, even though I'm not retired, by tons of medicare offers and loads of e-mails and letters from Social Security.

Well, at least I'm popular with those organizations that are here to assist us old folks. I actually asked AARP to stop sending me mailings when they began to hit my mailbox when I turned 50. I just wasn't ready to claim 'old' status. Now, I don't really care.

I have been paying attention to mailings I get from Social Security since it lets me know how much money I will receive when I decide to retire. The longer I stay in the workforce, the more I will get. That is of cource as long as I'm still above ground.

WNBF News Radio 1290 AM & 92.1 FM logo
Get our free mobile app

And speaking of Social Security, have you ever lost or had stolen your Social Security card? If you ever find yourself in that situation, there are some easy online steps you can take to get a replacement.

According to the Social Security website, you can apply for it online, but you must first set up a My Social Security account, which is easy to do. You must be 18 or older with a United States mailing address, and possess a driver’s license or a state-issued identification card.

Then, simply log into your My Social Security account and click on 'replace your Social Security card' and follow the instructions from there. And the good thing is there is no charge for your new card, unlike anything else you need to replace.

via Social Security

35 Famous People With Ties to the Binghamton Area


Re-Live Your Childhood Memories at This Enchanting Park in the Adirondacks

More From WNBF News Radio 1290 AM & 92.1 FM