Firefighters in Tioga County Pushed by Over 30 Hours at Fire Scene
In spite of a house ravaged by fire in Tioga County at around 10:30 p.m. December 6 being torn down, firefighters were still on the scene more than 32 hours later.
The blaze on Halsey Valley Road in Tioga Center is believed to have started as a chimney fire and officials thought it had been extinguished after 3 a.m. December 7. But fire crews were called back to the scene at around 5 a.m. and the fire rekindled and fully engulfed the house.
The rubble has continued to smolder. Firefighters were still at the scene after 7 a.m. December 8.
The home is owned by two people were where not at the property at the time of the fire and there were no reports of injuries.
Halsey Valley Road is described as a popular route for through traffic and the Tioga Central School District delayed classes for two hours December 7 and dismissed early as three bus routes were not able to travel through the area.