Fire Rips Through Building in Owego Historic District
A building in the historic district of the village of Owego was heavily damaged by a fast-moving blaze.
The fire at 255 Main Street was reported around 12:30 p.m. Sunday.
The blaze was confined to a small building behind a large two-and-a-half story house.
Before firefighters arrived, flames filled the inside of the structure. Smoke from the burning building was visible in the blue skies for a considerable distance.
The fire was knocked down after about 15 minutes. Officials at the scene said no injuries had been reported.
The building was being used for storage. Firefighters carried pieces of furniture out of the burning structure.
Tioga County records indicate the property is owned by Rehabilitation Support Services of Altamont.
For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.