No injuries are reported after fire damaged an historic home in Port Crane and left a family that had just moved in looking for a place to live.

Bob Joseph/WNBF News
Bob Joseph/WNBF News


The blaze on Route 7B between Albany and Osbourne Roads was reported at 10:55 a.m. August 5, drawing firefighters from several departments as flames spread through the walls of the home.

Tanker trucks were called in to help get water to the site and firefighters spent several hours on the scene.

The fire apparently started in an unattended clothes dryer and spread through the wood-frame house, which was reportedly built in the 1890s.

The two adults and two children were not home when the fire broke out.


More From WNBF News Radio 1290 AM & 92.1 FM