Detour Until Further Notice in Susquehanna Co. , Pa.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is advising motorists in part of Susquehanna County they may be in for a long-term detour due to a bridge that needs repairs.
PennDOT says State Route 3029 (Ridge Road) is closed between State Route 706 in Jessup Township and State Route 4007 in Lake Township until further notice.
Officials had hoped the road could reopen November 3 but issued a follow-up advisory saying the road will remain closed until further notice.
Motorists can check on road conditions by going to www.511Pa.com.
PennDOT lists the detour as follows:
Traveling North from Ridge Road to Forest Lake Road
- Turn right onto Route 706 East;
- Continue on Route 706 East for 4.9 miles;
- Turn left onto Route 167 North;
- Continue on Route 167 North for 2.3 miles;
- Turn left onto North Road;
- Continue on North Road for 4.7 miles; and
- The detour will end at the intersection of North Road and Forest Lake Road.
- Traveling from North Road to Route 706
- Continue straight on North Road toward Route 167;
- Turn right onto Route 167 South;
- Continue on Route 167 South for 2.3 miles;
- Turn right onto Route 706 West;
- Continue on Route 706 West for 4.9 miles; and
- The detour will end at the intersection of Forest Lake Road and Route 706 West.
11 Non-Food Items the Chow Warehouse Wishes It Had More Of