Smoke Detectors Alert Binghamton Family to Fire
City of Binghamton fire officials say working smoke detectors may have adverted disaster in a fire shortly before 7:30 p.m.February 15 at a Frederick Street apartment.
The blaze broke out in a second floor apartment and smoke detectors alerted the family.
The damage was confined to a bedroom and there were no injuries reported.
Assistant Fire Chief Steve Faughnan told reporters the incident is a reminder to everyone to make sure they check their smoke detectors and replace the batteries.