The 17 East bar in Binghamton's First Ward is a target under the city's Lockdown Law.

Mayor Richard David says city officials are moving against the establishment following last month's raid as part of a lengthy drug investigation that resulted in 14 people being charged.

Authorities said the "nightclub" at 348 Clinton Street was frequented by members of a gang who distributed large quantities of illegal drugs in the Binghamton area.

Speaking on WNBF Radio's Binghamton Now program, David said 17 East reopened after the March 26 raid.

The mayor said the city is moving quickly to put together the petition needed for the lockdown process.

David said the legal process "takes time" because depositions need to be taken and information must be assembled. He said "when you do it, you want to make sure it's done correctly the first time."

The 17 East building was struck by bullets during a drive-by shooting incident last September. A parked vehicle also was hit by gunfire but no injuries were reported.