Efforts to keep warm while the power was out may be a contributing factor to a fire that heavily damaged a home in Nanticoke December 2.

Photo: Bob Joseph/WNBF News (file)
Photo: Bob Joseph/WNBF News (file)


Fire crews were called to Rabbit Path road near the Firefox Resort golf course before 8 p.m. for a report of a house fire.  The five people in the building reportedly got out. 

Investigators were looking at a pellet stove that may have been used to heat the structure as a possible source.  While the investigation is continuing, officials indicate the pellet stove may have over-heated.

Fire crews were on the scene for several hours. 

There were no reports of injuries but there was extensive damage to the building.

More From WNBF News Radio 1290 AM & 92.1 FM