A Delaware County man who was severely burned in an explosion and fire at his home in Masonville July 13 has passed away.

31 year old Shayne Charles died Saturday, July 23 at Upstate University Medical Center in Syracuse where he had been taken following the explosion that authorities say happened as he was trying to light a propane water heater in the basement of the house.

Two other people suffered minor injuries according to New York State Police.

An obituary placed by the family says Charles had attended Sidney Central School and was a tree expert for a company in Whitney Point.

The family says donations in Charles’ memory can be made to the Masonville Fire Department, the Masonville Emergency Squad or the Mohawk Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross.


More From WNBF News Radio 1290 AM & 92.1 FM