Local Restaurants Offering Free Meals Due to COVID-19 Closures
Hunger is a very real issue in our community with many kids relying on the two free meals a day that their schools offer them and with our senor citizens relying on their community centers for meals. With so many local schools and community centers closed due to Coronavirus concerns, many local restaurants are stepping up to make sure that our kids and seniors are fed.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
These are local places are where kids and seniors can pick up a "grab and go" meal:
- Binghamton City Schools will offer free lunch from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday at all of their schools, Saratoga and Carlisle Communities, and Columbus.
- Belmar Pub will offer free lunch from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Monday and Wednesday.
- Craft will offer free lunch to the first 50 kids who are accompanied by an adult Monday through Friday starting at 11:30 a.m.
- Cortese Restaurant will offer free lunch to the first 50 kids who visit their restaurant Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Relief Pitcher will offer free meals to the first 50 kids who visit their establishment Monday through Friday starting at 11 a.m.
- The Lost dog cafe will offer free lunch on Tuesday and Thursday at 11 a.m. at the Walnut Street Park.
- Petersons Tavern will give free lunch to the first 50 children who visit their business starting at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Alexanders Cafe will give lunch to the first 50 kids to visit them with an adult starting at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
- Tall Blonde Cafe will offer free lunch on Tuesdays until school resumes.
- Nicks in Endicott will give out free lunch to the first 50 kids in grades K through 8 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tonys in Endwell will give lunch to the first 60 kids who visit them Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- California Grill will be providing 50 free lunches to seniors wishing to avoid community spread of the COVID-19 virus. Please call ahead to order at 741-4062. Then call again when you arrive and someone will deliver your meal to you in the parking lot.
- Joeys Pizzeria in Endicott will give lunch to the first 50 kids who visit them between 12 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
- Union-Endicott schools will give our bagged breakfast and lunches Monday through Friday at three locations: Union Endicott High School, Jennie F Snapp Middle School, and CFJ Elementary School. These meals will be handed out from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. to any child 18-years-old and younger.
- The Lisle Inn will give free lunch to the first 20 kids who visit them Tuesday through Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- United Presbyterian Church will offer free carry-out meals on Tuesday starting at 5 p.m. for people of all ages. Also, their emergency food pantry is available.
- Owego Kitchen has partnered with Tioga State Bank to provide hot dinners for families in need. On Tuesday, March 17 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., there will be bagged “dinners for four” available on the back patio of the Owego Kitchen (in the Court Street parking lot). The dinners will be packaged up cold to ensure proper food safety and then can be heated at home.
- Country Kitchen in Whitney Point is providing bag lunch for students and shut-ins. Please call 607- 692-4952 for more information.
- Jim Roma’s Bakery in Endicott will be offering a large slice and a fountain soda to students from 11:00 a.m. To 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Little Italy in Hancock and Deposit is offering free lunch for kids in grades pre-k through 12th through Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Spiedie and Rib Pit on Upper Front Street in Binghamton will give a meal to any kid in K-8 grades between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Starting on Tuesday, March 17, Beer Tree Brew will offer a free breakfast burrito to kids in need between 8 and 10 am. These meals will be to go only, and you’re asked to call in advance to let them know you’d like a call Calls will be accepted starting at 7:00 a.m. at 607-204-0712. At this time, Beer Tree Brew is only able to provide 50 free meals to kids under the age of 18.
- iHop on the Vestal Parkway will provide 30 breakfast boxes for children on a first-come, first-served basis who come by vehicle to the exit side of the restaurant every Monday and Friday between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. until further notice.
This is an evolving list. If you know of an establishment offering free meals to students or senior citizens, please let us know by emailing us here.