East Clinton Street Bridge Work Planned
The East Clinton Street Bridge in Binghamton is on the short-list for rehabilitation.
Binghamton City Council has discussed repairing and resurfacing the bridge that has seen some spot repairs to address major gaps in the expansion joints and other issues over the past several years.
The major repair work, on what is being described as one of the oldest bridges in the City, is expected to begin next year and cost over $2 million.
the project is to include structural repairs as well as paving.
New York State is to foot the bill for 80% of the fix while the City is responsible for the other 20% of the project cost.