Former “Dos Rios” Site in Downtown Binghamton Available for Lease
The owners of the space where Dos Rios Cantina was located on Court Street in Binghamton are looking for someone interested in setting up another restaurant.
The restaurant, which opened in June 2018, closed last April. Two partners in the business are facing criminal charges in connection with a sexual assault that allegedly occurred late last year. They have maintained their innocence.
A Pyramid Brokerage Company listing describes the site as offering a "unique opportunity in the heart of downtown Binghamton." It pitches the place as a "turn-key restaurant in an outstanding location."
According to the listing, 4,000 square feet of space would be available for lease. The rental asking price is $9,000 a month.
Patricia Grassi, the listing agent, did not return a call seeking comment.
The restaurant was located in a building that had been owned by an entity controlled by then-Binghamton Mayor Richard David. He sold the property to Court and State LLC in 2017 for $1.2 million.
Yaron Kweller was a principal in Court and State LLC when the building was acquired. He has been charged with rape and criminal sexual act related to a November incident that reported happened in another downtown building.
On Friday evening, Kweller said: "I completely maintain my innocence against the charges and all allegations against me. The story that has been told is completely false. I look forward to when the true facts will come out in court."
Kweller's brother, Leor Kweller, has been charged with rape and sexual abuse in the case.
Jordan Rindgen, who was a member of the restaurant ownership group, faces several charges in connection with the alleged incident, including sexual abuse and unlawfully dealing with a child.
All three men entered not guilty pleas when they were arraigned
Rindgen and Yaron Kweller were members of the partnership group that had operated Dos Rios and a neighboring bar, The Colonial. Those businesses were shut down last spring because, according to a public relations firm, they were "no longer financially solvent."
Although a large "Dos Rios" sign was removed in August, the exterior signs at The Colonial remain in place. The lights are still on and the tables inside appear ready for use. It's not known whether there is a plan to reopen The Colonial. Kweller declined to comment on the future of The Colonial.
This story was updated to include comment from Yaron Kweller.
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: email@example.com or (607) 545-2250. For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.
LOOK: Best Beers From Every State
LOOK: Food history from the year you were born
LOOK: 15 Discontinued McDonald's Menu Items