Broome County Emergency Services officials say it appears a ceiling fan is responsible for a fire at a home in Conklin shortly before midnight November 6, drawing crews from several fire departments.

The blaze on Woodside Avenue was extinguished by the homeowner who pulled the fan down and put out the flames.  There were no injuries and damage was confined to one room.

Officials say the family was able to find shelter at a neighbor’s house and the home can be repaired.

More From WNBF News Radio 1290 AM & 92.1 FM