Officials with the Computer Emergency Room say everyone who had a unit in the shop for repair when fire broke out May 8 at the plaza housing the business on the Vestal Parkway East can rest assured their equipment and data are safe.

The fire at a small strip mall across from the new Pudgies Pizza was reported at 11:43 p.m. in a rear basement garage area under Lee’s Nails and Spa.

The flames moved upward, damaging the nail salon but smoke and water damage was reported in several other businesses in the plaza, including the computer workshop.

Staff of the Computer Emergency Room are working out of a temporary location while the owner of the nail salon told media it may be weeks to reopen.

A disaster recovery service was seen with equipment in front of the plaza yesterday afternoon.

Fire officials say the blaze believed to be accidental in nature.


More From WNBF News Radio 1290 AM & 92.1 FM