Binghamton Police Continue Probe into South Side Shooting
Detectives are still investigating a shooting that happened near a school on Binghamton's South Side.
A 17-year-old boy was charged with attempted murder following the attack on a man near Livingston Street and Conklin Avenue. The shooting occurred around 2:20 p.m. November 6.
Mayor Richard David said the incident was believed to have been related to a previous "drug deal that went bad" involving the two.
Detective Lt. Cory Minor said investigators have interviewed people who actually witnessed the shooting. He said police continue to believe the incident was not a random act.
The suspect - whose name has name not been released - was found by police in a large apartment house at 80 Conklin Avenue, a short distance from the shooting scene.
Police previously disclosed a .45 caliber handgun was found when they executed a search warrant in the apartment building. Minor would not discuss what other evidence was recovered in the search.
Investigators don't expect to charge anyone else in connection with the shooting.
St. John the Evangelist School was locked down as a precaution for a short time following the incident.
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: email@example.com
For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.