Binghamton McDonald’s Restaurant Closed After Kitchen Fire
The opening of a McDonald's restaurant in Binghamton was delayed following a grease fire in the kitchen.
The blaze at 488 Court Street on the city's East Side was reported around 5:15 a.m. Thursday.
A Binghamton fire department official said the fire was extinguished quickly by the first engine company on the scene. No injuries were reported.
The blaze caused minor damage. A gas line to a fryer was shut off and the restaurant was expected to remain close until the equipment could be inspected by a technician.
A McDonald's employee did not know when the restaurant would open.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: email@example.com.
For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.
LOOK: 15 Discontinued McDonald's Menu Items
50 Most Popular Chain Restaurants in America
YouGov investigated the most popular dining brands in the country, and Stacker compiled the list to give readers context on the findings. Read on to look through America's vast and divergent variety of restaurants—maybe you'll even find a favorite or two.
LOOK: 40 Discontinued & Special Edition Kellogg's Cereals