Contact Us

Windsor House Destroyed By Fire

Bob Joseph/WNBF News

One firefighter was taken to a hospital after battling a blaze at a house in Windsor.

The fire at 333 Old Route 17 was reported at 7:59 a.m. Monday.

Windsor first assistant fire chief John McNulty says the residents of the home were away.

McNulty says a passerby initially spotted the blaze in the single-story house.

Windsor firefighters were assisted by units from Deposit, Harpursville, Ouaquaga, West Windsor and Five Mile Point.

McNulty says a Windsor firefighter was transported from the scene for treatment of possible exhaustion and dehydration. No other injuries were reported.

The floor in the center of the house collapsed. Although the house was destroyed, firefighters were able to save an attached garage.

It took almost three hours to bring the fire under control.

McNulty says there were preliminary indications the fire may have been caused by an electrical problem. Broome County fire investigators were called to the scene.

More from WNBF

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wnbf.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on WNBF News Radio 1290 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Sign up for an account to comment, share your thoughts, and earn points to get great prizes.

Register on WNBF News Radio 1290 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!