Contact Us

Waverly House Fire Blamed On Electrical Problem

Bob Joseph/WNBF News

Investigators say a Tioga County blaze was sparked by trouble with a home’s electrical power supply.

Authorities say Saturday’s fire at 55 Route 34 in Waverly was reported around 7 p.m.

The Waverly-Barton Fire Department was assisted by firefighters from Lockwood.

Tioga County senior fire investigator Frank Okrasinski says the blaze was confined to one room and its contents. It was extinguished after about an hour.

Okrasinski says the Red Cross provided assistance to five family members. No injuries were reported.

More from WNBF

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wnbf.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on WNBF News Radio 1290 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on WNBF News Radio 1290 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!