Waverly House Fire Blamed On Electrical Problem
Investigators say a Tioga County blaze was sparked by trouble with a home’s electrical power supply.
Authorities say Saturday’s fire at 55 Route 34 in Waverly was reported around 7 p.m.
The Waverly-Barton Fire Department was assisted by firefighters from Lockwood.
Tioga County senior fire investigator Frank Okrasinski says the blaze was confined to one room and its contents. It was extinguished after about an hour.
Okrasinski says the Red Cross provided assistance to five family members. No injuries were reported.