Progressive Dental, PLLC provide patients with exceptional dental service through superior care, service, and education in a friendly, comfortable, responsive environment. They want to be known for caring more for your oral health than you do!
Motto: Their mission is to provide a pleasant environment in which they care about the employees as individuals first, and as employees second. They will continue to be as responsive to your needs as they are to the needs of their patients, without any compromise in patient care.It is also their intent to have good old-fashion fun!
Founded: October, 1991
Led by: Dr. H Sonny Spera
Why They’re Unique: They believe that preventive dentistry is the corner stone of their health centered practice. Early recognition and treatment intervention will optimize the long-term oral health benefits for all of thier patients. Quality dentistry, together with proper home care will ensure the best of dental health and reduce the amount of dentistry needed in your lifetime. Their practice commits and prides itself on providing you the highest quality of dental service by:
- Maintaining a well educated staff utilizing state of the art equipment and sterilizing methods.
- Selecting the most appropriate methods of dentistry with keep you comfortable.
- Relieving patient’s pain THAT SAME DAY.
- Listening to their patients’ chief concern, which will allow them to formulate a proper diagnosis and custom treatment plan.
- Giving you a written estimate prior to starting any treatment.
- Referring to a specialist as needed.
- Practicing in a manner consistent with the code of ethics, keeping accurate records and complying with all laws.
- Offering a variety of appointment times at four convenient locations to meet your schedule.
- Providing you with an on-call Doctor, ALWAYS.
- Treating the underprivileged in their communities on their annual Doctors with a Heart Day.
They Can Answer Questions Relating to:
1. At what age should my child start coming to the dentist?
2. What is the difference between a white or silver filling?
3. What is the best way to “whiten” my teeth?
4. Why should I save my tooth vs. having it extracted?
Meet The Expert
Dr. Sonny Spera graduated from Union Endicott High School in 1981. With a four-year basketball scholarship he graduated from Syracuse University in 1985; majoring in Chemistry and Psychology. He was a member of the Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity. He was also the co-captain of the 1984-1985 Syracuse basketball team.
Dr. Spera graduated from SUNY Buffalo Dental School in 1989 in the top 10% of his class. At SUNY Buffalo Dental School he was a member of the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Society. He was also UB Graduate Assistant Basketball coach. He currently serves as a part-time faculty member at the college.
Dr. Spera has been in private practice since 1989 and is a member of the American Dental Association, the New York State Dental Association, the Sixth District Dental Society and the Broome County Dental Society. He is also a member of the International Association of Orthodontics, the BC Dental Society and the BCDS Study Club.
Away from the office, he volunteers with several community organizations, including the Elks Club, the Son’s of Italy, the STNY Flyers, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the Basketball Coaches Association of New York. He is the founder and president of ME Hoops Inc.
Dr. Spera currently resides with his wife Angela, whom he met at Syracuse University, and their three children, Marcus, Erica, and Carla. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, basketball, golf, music and movies.
2. Try to stay away from consuming sour candy. The common “sour” flavoring agent in these products is citric acid, the most erosive dietary acid.
3. In addition to good oral hygiene, including brushing and flossing, there are other ways to protect teeth from decay. Dental sealants can protect teeth and seal them off from decay-causing bacteria.