Town Of Maine House Heavily Damaged By Fire
An electrical problem is suspected of causing a house fire in northern Broome County.
The blaze at 46 Dougherty Road in the town of Maine was reported at 10:12 Monday morning.
Authorities say no one was home at the time of the fire. It was reported by a Union Center fire chief who was passing by the house on his way to another call.
The blaze was brought under control after about fifteen minutes.
Broome County fire coordinator Brett Chellis says investigators believe a possible electrical problem sparked the fire.
Maine firefighters were assisted by units from Endwell, Union Center, West Corners and Endicott.
Fire damage was confined primarily to the rear portion of the house. No injuries were reported.