Contact Us

Three Die in Afton Fire

Photos.com

Smoking materials placed next to a couch are being blamed for a deadly fire in Afton Saturday night.

New York State Police say authorities were called to a mobile home on Warren Lane shortly after 11:30 and found the structure fully engulfed in flames.

The blaze was put out in less than an hour, but officials found the bodies of 11 year old Craig Gohl, 45 year old Nathan Herbert and 54 year old Anna Ebert in bedrooms in the home.

Investigators say all died of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning.

There were no working smoke detectors in the home.

The investigation is continuing.

Best of WNBF

Recommended For You

Around the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wnbf.com using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for News-Breakers Club quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive News-Breakers Club contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.