The Chef at a New Waverly Restaurant is Severely Burned
The baker and chef at a new restaurant in Waverly is hospitalized with serious burns shortly after the Sisters Family Restaurant opened July 9.
Jamie Miccio of Gillet was preparing to open the restaurant early July 13 when an aerosol can near the grill exploded as the grill was preheating.
Miccio, who was found on the ground outside the restaurant, suffered first degree burns to her face and second degree burns to her arms, legs and stomach.
She was initially taken to Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre but has since been transferred to the Lehigh Valley Burn Center.
The restaurant on Chemung Street has been closed since the accident.