Hazardous Materials Incident Reported at a Conklin Company
No injuries are reported after a battery explosion caused a hazardous materials incident at the Conklin Corporate Park.
Emergency crews were called to Cooperative Feed at 9:24 a.m. April 28 with a report of Sulfuric Acid spilled in the business.
Broome Ambulance, Conklin Fire, Five Mile Point Fire and the Broome HazMat team worked at the scene for over an hour.
As a precaution, some workers in an office underwent on-site health evaluations.
Authorities have not released information about the cause of the reported explosion and spill.