Fenton Woman’s Body Found After House Fire
State police say a 71-year-old woman’s body was found by firefighters after an early-morning blaze tore through a town of Fenton house.
Investigators say Barbara Cadwell lived alone in the home at 311 Tunnel Road.
The fire was reported shortly before 4:30 Tuesday morning.
An autopsy performed at Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton determined Cadwell’s death was caused by asphyxiation due to smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Investigators determined the fire was linked to a wood stove.
Three fire departments battled the blaze.