Contact Us

Electrical Fire At Binghamton Student Complex

Bob Joseph/WNBF News

A minor electrical fire resulted in the evacuation of dozens of people from a downtown Binghamton student housing complex.

The alarm at 20 Hawley Street came in around 2:55 Friday afternoon.

Kyle Seeley, executive assistant to Mayor Matthew Ryan, said the fire was in an electrical closet on the building’s second floor. He said there were no reported injuries.

Seeley said building representatives were in contact with Binghamton University officials to inform them of the situation and make arrangements if any students were displaced by the fire.

A section of Hawley Street between State and Washington streets was closed because of emergency equipment.

Best of WNBF

Recommended For You

Around the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wnbf.com using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for News-Breakers Club quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!